Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the paint around my window/lock controls (the silver paint) is all but gone. i wanna know if this is a chevy problem or just lemon parts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well f

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Dont know I have manual everything, but that is acommon problem with any painted part that comes into contact with human body parts. The grease and oil from the hands really does a number on paints.

·
Registered
274 Posts
the good news is, that is what inspired me to paint my interior. Believe it or not, applying a little paint remover does wonders! And the factory pieces are black and match the door perfectly. See images below:

The product on the far right, Motsenbocker's Lift Off Paint Remover does wonders! Just brush it on, wait 2-3 minutes, then wipe off the old paint. Its that easy!

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
stupid question alert! are all the factory pieces molded in black

·
Registered
274 Posts
stupid question alert! are all the factory pieces molded in black
sure would have been nice if they would have been. Your dash pieces will look like mine below once you strip the silver paint off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Goof Off will not melt the plastic? I painted mine and need to remove it and start over, but wasn't sure if Goof Off would melt the plastic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have a problem with the paint just inside on top of my door peeling/coming off, not sure why it's doing this but there's a few spots along the driver side where there's paint missing.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.