Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the paint around my window/lock controls (the silver paint) is all but gone. i wanna know if this is a chevy problem or just lemon parts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well f

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Dont know I have manual everything, but that is acommon problem with any painted part that comes into contact with human body parts. The grease and oil from the hands really does a number on paints.

·
Registered
274 Posts
the good news is, that is what inspired me to paint my interior. Believe it or not, applying a little paint remover does wonders! And the factory pieces are black and match the door perfectly. See images below:

The product on the far right, Motsenbocker's Lift Off Paint Remover does wonders! Just brush it on, wait 2-3 minutes, then wipe off the old paint. Its that easy!

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
stupid question alert! are all the factory pieces molded in black

·
Registered
31 Posts
Goof Off will not melt the plastic? I painted mine and need to remove it and start over, but wasn't sure if Goof Off would melt the plastic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have a problem with the paint just inside on top of my door peeling/coming off, not sure why it's doing this but there's a few spots along the driver side where there's paint missing.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.