Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these taillights on their sedan? I’m thinking about putting in led bulbs or getting these but I can’t find a good pic of them installed and lit-up. Google has failed me… (or I fail at googling).

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no. i have the other set of tails for the sedan. they look better IMO
Yea I saw those, but I don't like them. Just look too weird and I don't like the way they light up.

I've never seen them but i read the description and it says they are manufactured by Eagle eye products. Eagle eye has been making factory replacement lights for 25-30 years. So I would say quality should be good.
Cool, I was wondering about that, thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yea I saw those, but I don't like them. Just look too weird and I don't like the way they light up.

Cool, I was wondering about that, thanks for the info :)
I agree. the pictures there look like crap. in person and actual picture look 10x better. but the stock looking leds are nice lights too

·
Registered
439 Posts
yea. they look better then the ebay pic. but either light is good. i just dont like the stock look unless tinted and cops got me for them here

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea. they look better then the ebay pic. but either light is good. i just dont like the stock look unless tinted and cops got me for them here
Yea, those are better pics than on ebay but I still like the circular look better than the ‘block-like’ style. They look good lit-up but I think they look weird otherwise. Too futuristic or something…

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

I think I saw that pic on ebay, but I didn't know how accurate it was. Are those tinted, b/c the back-up light is not white..?? Ty btw :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree 100% with you. I would prefer the leds tinted over my tails i bought. cops ticketed me though.

A suggestion for you would be to leave the reverse lights clear or only do 1 light coat on them. I think it looks pretty neat like that. but all your opinion

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree 100% with you. I would prefer the leds tinted over my tails i bought. cops ticketed me though.

A suggestion for you would be to leave the reverse lights clear or only do 1 light coat on them. I think it looks pretty neat like that. but all your opinion
Woo, someone agrees with me! :bigsmile: Yea, I wouldn't tint them very much. I don't want a ticket and I already have a 3rd brakelight decal... so no need to get too crazy with the tint.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Woo, someone agrees with me! :bigsmile: Yea, I wouldn't tint them very much. I don't want a ticket and I already have a 3rd brakelight decal... so no need to get too crazy with the tint.
any tint might attract cops. depends on what cop it is. haha That is why i got the other lights ;)
But if its a light tint they are still highly visible and hopefully they do not give you problems

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
any tint might attract cops. depends on what cop it is. haha That is why i got the other lights ;)
But if its a light tint they are still highly visible and hopefully they do not give you problems
Yeah, that’s why I told myself I wasn’t ever going to tint my tails. But look at me now, lol. If I do tint them I would probably use tint film b/c I am terrible at spray painting. But I don’t know what % I’d go with. I just want enough to tone town the red a little bit, but still able to see the inside of the taillight (if that’s even possible) :wacko:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.