Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a button that seems to looked rigged. It allows me to release my key from then ignition. Its pulled up and it is by the shifter. (Automatic)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Wouldn't happen to have a picture by any chance?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
There's a button under the steering Column that allows you to release the key from the ignition.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It works but having an manual I don't know what that is, sorry.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Okay, I know what that is, that's the shifter park position micro switch. It's not where it suppose to be. Somebody jimmy rigged it so he could remove the key. Here is where it goes.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
There is suppose to be a little metal lever on the micro switch which seems to be missing. This was his work around buying a switch I guess.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Similar to this one but different.

2X Limit Switch SS 5GL13 Micro Switch 5A125VAC 3A250VAC | eBay

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Isn't there already a switch for removing the key if it gets stuck under the steering column?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes but this switch is mounted on the shifter so that when You push your shifter to the park position it allows you to turn the key all the way to the off position so you can remove it. Remember these cars have electric steering if you accidently bring your key to off position and you are in any gear but park you will lose electric assist. Safety first.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.