Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been here for like 3 months out of the 6 months I've been a member(reasons) but since I can come back and continue reading mod sections and stuff I figured I would ask ya'll this.
I have literally met in the last 3 months or so 6 maybe 7 people with the SS, different model years, and every single one of them has been a total **** over the fact that I have an ls and it is way slower and doesn't handle as well as the SS model. Now my question is, partly for the people who have an SS, does the fact that you have an SS affect the way you look at the people who can't afford one, for whatever reasons.
I know mine is simple, I don't make enough money. I had one person tell me he 'can't be around people who can only afford base models'(I knew he was a spoiled **** the first 3 seconds of talking to him, so that convo didn't go far).
I am definately not trying to start shite, just curious.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
yes I call it the SS **** syndrome. There is a kid at my school who drives an SS and I asked him what all he has done to it and I said I bet ours would be a pretty close race. He just laughed and then tore me a new one and I said but I'm supercharged he said I could be twincharged and I wouldn't beat his stage 2 dual pass SS cobalt. Right...

·
Registered
575 Posts
I could care less honestly I drive an ss and a cobalt is a cobalt ss or not...but this also goes both ways as well....I don't know how many people I've talked to at gas stations with ls cobalt with rims and a fart can telling me they are raping 370 Z's and gt mustangs at the 1/4 mile...it doesn't matter what they drive an ass is an ass

·
Registered
379 Posts
I could care less honestly I drive an ss and a cobalt is a cobalt ss or not...but this also goes both ways as well....I don't know how many people I've talked to at gas stations with ls cobalt with rims and a fart can telling me they are raping 370 Z's and gt mustangs at the 1/4 mile...it doesn't matter what they drive an ass is an ass
Well said.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can't deny facts, but a Cobalt SS turbo or supercharged is superior in every way over a base model Cobalt, power, handling, looks, etc... so in theory, it may make some people feel above or superior over another with an LS or other base model Cobalt. I own a nice yellow 07 ss/sc which I am quite impressed with (import guy at heart) and I have a buddy with an LS 2.2 with a 30r making well over 300whp, and that thing is pretty damn quick. All in all, douche bags are douche bags, no matter what car they drive.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah most of the guys I know with an SS are all buttholes too, they rag on me because mine is an automatic ls but I know a few cool ss guys too, but id say 70% of them are ass hats

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
This happens with every model car. SS guys are ****s to LS/LT model guys, Cobra guys are nasty to the GT guys, and yes, Si guys are ****s to ex or whatever the base is for Civic. It's just how it is.

·
Registered
498 Posts
If I wanted a fast muscle car I would not have bought a Cobalt. I wanted a nice small car that got good gas mileage and was fun to drive after getting 18 mpg in my S-10. I settled on a 2009 LT Sedan and it is all of the above. If had an SS I'd have a lot higher payment and I'd be buying more gas. The fact that an SS can beat me in a 1/4 mile...so what? It doesn't affect my life.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I've driven 3 forms of the Cobalt:

L61 w F23 (My old G5 Coupe)
L61 w 4T45E (Rental)
LSJ w F35 (Current).

That being said, the SS/SC feels similiar to the G5, but I notice less interior rattles, and the car drives better.

That being said, the L61 with the 5 speed manual is very capable in its own right, but I always felt the G5 was a bit undpowered for my taste at times. That being said, I loved that I could beat the hell out of it and get 30mpg. I do miss the G5 also.

The 4 speed auto sedan I drove as a rental was just a piece of crap. No pickup, just felt cheap, and it felt wrong... even though it had the same engine and suspension as the G5.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.