Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes it does. I have an LS and I put the SS front bumper on. It does bolt up only thing is your LS inner fenders are not long enough for the SS front bumper so there will be a gap at the bottom. I have had mine on for a while now with no real problems.

Here is a picture so you can see.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yes it does. I have an LS and I put the SS front bumper on. It does bolt up only thing is your LS inner fenders are not long enough for the SS front bumper so there will be a gap at the bottom. I have had mine on for a while now with no real problems.

Here is a picture so you can see.
Get the L + R brackets and you won't have the "gap"!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yep. Perfectly doable. For fog lights, you'll likely need to just use a relay to have them come on when the low beams are on.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
if you want it just for the fog lights, you can purchase grille inserts for the LT bumper that has holes for fogs. all bumper covers according to dealer world have a plastic brackets that smooth the transition between the fender and fascia. strangely though, it shows the LT has 2 bolts that connect the fender and fascia. (each side) the SS i know for a fact has 3 bolts. there are also 2 fasteners on the fascia connecting to the impact bar and 4 connecting to the radiator support beam.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I am not sure what you all are talking about needing these extra parts. The only screws and brackets I had left was the ones for the air dam for the 2.2l which will not work on the the SS front bumper. Other then that every screw that I took off my LS bumpber macthed up on the SS bumper. I bought no extra parts and my SS bumper has been on since last year and I have had no problems whats so ever.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I don't think the lt foglight inserts will work on the ls bumper... or will they?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I am not sure what you all are talking about needing these extra parts. The only screws and brackets I had left was the ones for the air dam for the 2.2l which will not work on the the SS front bumper. Other then that every screw that I took off my LS bumpber macthed up on the SS bumper. I bought no extra parts and my SS bumper has been on since last year and I have had no problems whats so ever.
If you installed a SS front fascia on a LS/LT and didn't have a gap then the brackets were already on the fascia...without the brackets you will have a gap in the wheel well and the bottom of the fascia will not attach properly to the bottom of the LS/LT. Additionally, the SS/NA uses a different air dam that attaches to the bottom of the radiator support -- the LS/LT does not have this air dam. You cannot use the air dam from a SS/SC either -- it does not mount on a LS/LT/SSNA or Sport.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you installed a SS front fascia on a LS/LT and didn't have a gap then the brackets were already on the fascia...without the brackets you will have a gap in the wheel well and the bottom of the fascia will not attach properly to the bottom of the LS/LT. Additionally, the SS/NA uses a different air dam that attaches to the bottom of the radiator support -- the LS/LT does not have this air dam. You cannot use the air dam from a SS/SC either -- it does not mount on a LS/LT/SSNA or Sport.
I know about the air dam and I know about the gap in the wheel well, however, that does not effect the way it lines up. It was sounding that as though some were saying that without the brackets and other parts you could not install the SS bumper on a LS/LT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.