Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does the Front Bumper Just Bolt On?

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  06BlackLS 
#1 ·
If i got a ss bumper, because i want fog lights. Does the bumper just bolt on and off?

#2 · (Edited)
Yes it does. I have an LS and I put the SS front bumper on. It does bolt up only thing is your LS inner fenders are not long enough for the SS front bumper so there will be a gap at the bottom. I have had mine on for a while now with no real problems.

Here is a picture so you can see.

#9 ·
if you want it just for the fog lights, you can purchase grille inserts for the LT bumper that has holes for fogs. all bumper covers according to dealer world have a plastic brackets that smooth the transition between the fender and fascia. strangely though, it shows the LT has 2 bolts that connect the fender and fascia. (each side) the SS i know for a fact has 3 bolts. there are also 2 fasteners on the fascia connecting to the impact bar and 4 connecting to the radiator support beam.

#14 ·
I am not sure what you all are talking about needing these extra parts. The only screws and brackets I had left was the ones for the air dam for the 2.2l which will not work on the the SS front bumper. Other then that every screw that I took off my LS bumpber macthed up on the SS bumper. I bought no extra parts and my SS bumper has been on since last year and I have had no problems whats so ever.

#16 ·
If you installed a SS front fascia on a LS/LT and didn't have a gap then the brackets were already on the fascia...without the brackets you will have a gap in the wheel well and the bottom of the fascia will not attach properly to the bottom of the LS/LT. Additionally, the SS/NA uses a different air dam that attaches to the bottom of the radiator support -- the LS/LT does not have this air dam. You cannot use the air dam from a SS/SC either -- it does not mount on a LS/LT/SSNA or Sport.

#15 ·
I don't think the lt foglight inserts will work on the ls bumper... or will they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.