Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
20's are too big on balts' looks out of place but I guess if you want to do it..go for it just be prepared to take some flack for it

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yah i know, im really being defiant right now bcuz people hav told me dont get 20's and wat not....i wana get 18's .

IF these were 18's would it be a good deal??

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
if it rubs, cut out some fender lining and roll the fenders. if you want the car to look good you have to make some sacrifices.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i saw a pic of a cobalt ss with 20's and it looked fine...like 68% of you guys say dont get it and the other 32% are saying jump on it

i would get it if i had the money right now but yah, and of coarse before i buy i'll try them on, test drive with it, inspect the rims, ect...

what about the gap?? i havnt lowered the ride yet but since i dont race i'll probably get some cheap ebay springs with the drop depending on what size gap i have left...

ima do even more research and see whats up

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

if it rubs, cut out some fender lining and roll the fenders. if you want the car to look good you have to make some sacrifices.
i have no idea what that means and i dont even know what a fender is

hahaa .... ?????

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
grab some progress sport springs they're 180 bucks. i had plenty of gap left with 18's and fat tires on those. you will most likely tuck tire, but it will fill the wheel well nicely. it will probably rub and you may need to make some modifications to the fender lining and roll the fender. you gotta pay to play, but this is a good way to play.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think they looked decent, as in not the best but not worst...

ff_drift_lol, would u have to do this crap with 18's or 17"s??

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is the fender the area right exactly above the tire?? the part that connects to the mud flap

or is it the part that is staright ahead of the tire that goes toward the front of the car...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Well you can rent out a fender roller (you guessed it- a machine just for that....) and it it yourself. Its a bunch of issues just to fit stupid huge wheels on the Balt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.