Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like that people are more proactive about helping out your fellow members with modding, problems, and tech information. I'm trying my best to help answer question and share experience I have (which isn't a great amount) but it may help. It's a lot better than this site was about 6-7 months ago. Just wanted to say thanks and good jobs guys who are being active to answer questions. Again, I'll try my best to help out.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
which reminds me, we lost rakowitz's DIY for oil changes, I CALL IT!!!! and i am gonna do pics too, i do enough oil changes, and i have had a few balts through the shop, so i want it

·
Registered
768 Posts
which reminds me, we lost rakowitz's DIY for oil changes, I CALL IT!!!! and i am gonna do pics too, i do enough oil changes, and i have had a few balts through the shop, so i want it
maybe you should do it on the ground though seeing as most people who do it them selves don't have a lift. Then use the lift to take pics from under the car. assuming you have a lift in the shop

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna do a write-up about the AEM unit when I get it when I get my tax return :) that will also be when I get my P&P for my cylinder head.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i dont need to do it on the ground, i remember all to well how to do it

ftr: i dont think there is anything different about the ground vs the hoist except the level the car is at

·
Registered
768 Posts
i dont need to do it on the ground, i remember all to well how to do it

ftr: i dont think there is anything different about the ground vs the hoist except the level the car is at
I'm just saying it'll help as far as jacking the car up and setting the jack stands. If you do that remember to include how to reset the oil life indicator

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hey guys I just wanted to tell you the Carbon Fiber DIY is on hold for a week or so. I'm out of Carbon Fiber. :( I guess my wing insert project used it all. I have ordered more though and it should be here early next week so we will shoot for next weekend. I'm thinking of doing some B pillar covers for the outside of the car. I think that is something we can all do from beginner to we carbon fiber Vets and it will be a good first project for you guys because it's simple. So anyway, hopefully I can do something for you next weekend.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That sounds cool. I have yet to find any ramps I can pull my ss/sc up on and jacking gets old. =) Then theres the fun part of reaching the oil filter!!! OMG!! Anyone else seen the placement of the filter on the ss/sc??? Its nuts! I guess I need/am supposed to have a special wrench and socket to reach it and hold it but I dunno. Oil change diy sounds good tho.

·
Registered
673 Posts
That sounds cool. I have yet to find any ramps I can pull my ss/sc up on and jacking gets old. =) Then theres the fun part of reaching the oil filter!!! OMG!! Anyone else seen the placement of the filter on the ss/sc??? Its nuts! I guess I need/am supposed to have a special wrench and socket to reach it and hold it but I dunno. Oil change diy sounds good tho.
I've changed the oil on an SS/SC. It's a bitch! lol That is the most retarded location for an oil filter ever.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I've changed the oil on an SS/SC. It's a bitch! lol That is the most retarded location for an oil filter ever.
Hey IMA, could you get me some pics of where the oil filter is on the SS/SC? i have the 2.4, and i am gonna be doing that DIY, but i can write up the addition for the SS/SC............and yes, i will do the two different methods of resetting the oil life...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hey IMA, could you get me some pics of where the oil filter is on the SS/SC? i have the 2.4, and i am gonna be doing that DIY, but i can write up the addition for the SS/SC............and yes, i will do the two different methods of resetting the oil life...
sure I'll try and remember to do that in the morning.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey guys I just wanted to tell you the Carbon Fiber DIY is on hold for a week or so. I'm out of Carbon Fiber. :( I guess my wing insert project used it all. I have ordered more though and it should be here early next week so we will shoot for next weekend. I'm thinking of doing some B pillar covers for the outside of the car. I think that is something we can all do from beginner to we carbon fiber Vets and it will be a good first project for you guys because it's simple. So anyway, hopefully I can do something for you next weekend.
Ima, i really like the way your fuse box is in the engine bay, Maybe a flash back walkthrough of that? its something im really interested in. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.