Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i put the blue led light in the dome n have it come on when the car opens but when i close it n lock it it dems out but it doesnt look like its cutting off like its alil light going though but not seeable from outside but still power coming to it to glow alil..any idea?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The infamous afterglow. Some Cobalters have this problem some don't. I don't. Pretty sure it is caused by the LED (being a diode) rectifying standing waves on the open wire from dome to BCM. I haven't proven this yet because I haven't seen it yet, but many members complain about it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Mine does it

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Don't think it causes a problem, just annoying. When you turn it off you disconnect the wire so no more standing wave at the LEDs.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
You make it sound like it's fully on? My dome LED has a extremely small afterglow

Sent from my PG86100

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Maybe I don't get this problem because I installed a 47㎌ capacitor at each strip to filter the DC and to have a nice fade out when it turns "off"

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i fades out fine but like u said that lil after glow thats really light that u cant see.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Unless u look straight at it

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

So to solve this afterglow should i use a load resistor or a 47uf capacitor how would i mount or put it onto this type of bulb?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I'm not even sure that's the reason mine don't glow, they just don't. But you could just solder the leads to the two loops at the end making sure positive to positive and so on.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes, and of it doesn't change anything for you, just clip it of.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yep, if that's what you have. You got everything to gain and nothing to lose by trying.

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah mine has a slight glow to it when i close my doors, but not to any degree that would affect battery life or perfomance. ive had mine for months and not once has my battery had any issues.

·
Registered
675 Posts
haha i can see that :p i would have told you about it when i suggested the bulb but i totally forgot it even did that

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just clip it on first to try, if it works then you can go through the other expenses of purchasing an iron an some solder and what not.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.