Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, nothing exciting has happened in a long time. A month ago my balt decided to slide its back end out while turning a corner on a dirt road. It also decided it wanted to go through a barbed wire fence (taking out a T post), 1 small mesquite bush and coming to rest in another mesquite bush. End results are below...I will be taking it to the body shop on the 25th to get fixed...After 2 weeks and over $5k in damage(barbed wire scratches nearly the whole car up), it will be back to new(using GM parts not cheap aftermarket). The sad part, not even 2 weeks before the windows were tinted. The back window has to be replaced, due to barbed wire scratches, so will need to be re-tinted. On the bright side, it could have been a lot worse (15ft farther up the road was a dried up creek bed about 20ft down).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually wasn't going that fast...I have taken it alot faster before...guess their was alot of loose gravel/dirt in that particular route I took lol

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Chalk it up as an other learning experience and a bit wiser.

·
Registered
423 Posts
sounds like something that would happen in my bronco... id say get to looking on craigslist for lightly used or brand new bumpers and mirrors

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
would never happen with FE5 suspension and some good springs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.