Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im getting the bercuda black led sedan taillights and i have about $250 left to spend on the car but dont know exactly what i want to use it on.. any one have ideas?

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Any one know a site to were i can get ssc lowerin springs

·
Registered
143 Posts
auto or Man? yeah look at andysautosport.com or you can check out ZZPperformance... Im sure you can find something to burn 250 on..

·
Registered
143 Posts
ok so why dont you spend that 250 and put it towards the principal to help pay it off faster. Or, buy something you will need to make it a SC...just my thoughts, I am in the process of paying more on mine so I can spend the extra money down the road on just performance items and such... In the end its your car your money!

·
Registered
143 Posts
ok well in order to make your car ready for a SC there is going to have to be a few items you think about before you can do it.. One being that your car has a restrctive exhaust 2 the SC kit its self..have you looked at the SC build thread?

·
Registered
143 Posts
well in there it should give you all the items you need.. So, I would either just hold on to the 250 and put it towards your end goal which is to SC your car, or start buying supporting mods for when you add the SC...some of the supporting mods you cant do though till after the SC is intstalled....just some ideas man that is if you are truely wanting to spend it on performance over style..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ok for starts think about what kind of SC you want M62 is one idea. Pully size exc. Your rods are the weakest link of your engine. So think about what you want out of the SC..I wouldnt go above 15 psi and a 2.9 pully. Your going to need to upgrade your injectors to at least 42's I would go with 50 or 60's to be safe. You could actually buy the pully and injectors you want for around 250.. Look at ZZP!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Another good source of info is ZZPerformance tech articals! they can give you all the info you need...I would read over that and the SC build threads and then come back with all the ?'s you have.. I am by far not the most qualified person when it comes to this..I am for sure willing to help you in anyway you need, but there are others on here that have done this to there vehicles and could probably give you better info. Either way I'm here if ya need info or a direction. all though not as much fun as building your own you could trade in your ls for a SS/SC or SS/TC..LOL (totally kidding)

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Well, if you have the money and you know for sure you are going to SC. You could buy those items in prep for your SC build cause your going to need new injectors regardless..I would not install anything until your ready to do it all at once...but if money is an issue and you dont think you could hold on to it and buy it all at once then take the extra cash and start buying up the items you need to go along with the SC...then when you have all the parts build that Sh*t!!! Just a way to not have to worry about haveing all the money at one time to buy everything just buy as you go since your waiting to pay to do it when its paid off..

·
Registered
143 Posts
well, I only know of pros bro..lol...They are a great product and everyone that I have spoken to loves them... It should take only about 1.5 hours to install them and its a noticable drop! You will have better handling as well, nothing that an adjustable coil over can do, but never the less will imporve it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.