Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just don't do it.

I am a network engineer, responsible for ordering over $250K of equipment from dell last year as a dell channel partner mind you, and I can tell you first hand over the last three months dell has gone from being a bad company to deal with to being an OMFG Are you really this stupid, horrible, and hateful of your customers that you would provide worse customer service than the federal goverment kind of company.

Started with a Nest business day warranty repair that took over a month to get fixed and I am still dealing with their technicians/reps on over two months after the fact.

Then a server that i ordered was supposed to be shipped by the first of the year, two weeks into the year they just shipped it today, they overnight shipped it but requested a future delivery date of next week (so paid for overnight shipping but requested it not be delivered till over a week later) when they have already put me behind schedule by 2 weeks.......

Then Another Laptop I had ordered through their fast track system (the one where it is already built and ready to be shipped) that they gaurantee you will have the next business day after you order took 14 days to arrive.....

Don't order from dell.

I don't know if they just don't care about their customers anymore or if they can't afford to buy parts and ship them and are running out of money.

But either way, buying dell for anything, will cause you to regret your actions........

I am not th eonly one having these problems either many of my friends at other companies are having the same issues right now...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Wow. I'm regretting my laptop from them 2 years ago. Had a problem, called them and they said since my laptop was out of warrant, I had to pay $60 just to talk to someone about the problem

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you are still having a problem with it, pm me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I own my own computer business and also work for a large company fixing and networking computers. The business uses IBM Lenovo Desktops and Laptops which rarely have problems. Most computers I fix for people that come to me are Dell's and let me tell you almost all of them have problems. It is because they put together the computer for so cheap and the computer parts used inside are garbage which is why they can sell them for so cheap. Dell used to be good years ago but once they got big they just started to throw together computers with the cheapest parts they could find.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm reading this post on a Dell laptop :)

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
So, I am looking to buy my wife a new computer for her Wedding Photography Business. What would you recommend instead of the Dell she has now?

--Sorry to threadjack, but I thought it was relevant...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am on a dell laptop now but i got it for free.

When it comes to laptops I only buy toshiba laptops myself, I will never spend money on any other brand laptop.

When it comes to desktops I build it myself or buy business grade HP systems.. But I build it myself 99% of the time.

·
Registered
241 Posts
So, I am looking to buy my wife a new computer for her Wedding Photography Business. What would you recommend instead of the Dell she has now?

--Sorry to threadjack, but I thought it was relevant...
http://lenovo.com/us/en/index.html

If it's business for sure Lenovo. Not sure what the OP is going to say but i've worked at a computer store. also staples as the head IT tech guy and now own my own computer business and also work for a large company. I also manage to work the weekends doing another job also... :laugh:

Lenovo hands down for business or personal use.

However for photography and use with photoshop maybe a mac would be better. I hate to say that b/c I do not like apples but unfortunately it's true and mac is better than pc for that unless you blow a bunch of money into a pc and custom build it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have had problems with lenovo, more so than HP...

For desktops though custom built is still the best.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Compaq by HP systems are sh**.

HP by HP is good.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am on a dell laptop now but i got it for free.

When it comes to laptops I only buy toshiba laptops myself, I will never spend money on any other brand laptop.

When it comes to desktops I build it myself or buy business grade HP systems.. But I build it myself 99% of the time.
I am not a big big fan of toshiba however i'll agree with your statement on the hp systems. i build my own computers as well, however for a business type person the one company i work for and am at right now uses Lenovo and used to buy only Dell untill we had way to many problems with them. I am under the head IT guy at this company.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Cbodnar, Thanks for the link, Yeah I have known for sometime that I may need to switch her to Mac, but I have been resisting.

What impressions do you have of Windows 7 as compared to the train wreck known as Vista?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Toshiba laptops arent the glitziest, most cutting edge, more feature packed I agree.

But I have one that is 10 years old that works perfect, one that is 4 years old (and is a dual core 64 bit, etc) that works perfect, I have never had a customer buy one and have a problem, etc. Only laptops I recommend even to my family members (who expect free support from me).

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Windows 7 is the best, I use it and recommend it all the time.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i love dell.... ive never had any problems with them we actually have 4 of thier laptops and havent had any problems...
some get lucky. honestly any brand there is always one or two that end up have failing parts

I have had problems with lenovo, more so than HP...

For desktops though custom built is still the best.
haven't had any problems with them here yet. other than one computer recently had a driver problem. another laptop fell down 10+ steps and the screen broke but other than that no problems with lenovo. i've only been with this company for 8months though. however the head IT tech guy loves them for business and personal use.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.