Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car back today from a previous accident and now my door ajar light comes on and the dome light comes on. The body shop guarantees their work so I can take it back but they are only open till 12 tomorrow. The light comes on depending on where weight is shifted in the car (weird, I know). Is there a temporary fix to this so I dont have to hear the annoying noise come on? Or perhaps someone knows how to fix this immediately?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just got my car back today from a previous accident and now my door ajar light comes on and the dome light comes on. The body shop guarantees their work so I can take it back but they are only open till 12 tomorrow. The light comes on depending on where weight is shifted in the car (weird, I know). Is there a temporary fix to this so I dont have to hear the annoying noise come on? Or perhaps someone knows how to fix this immediately?
theres a little sensor by the door hinge just find a way to have it constantly pushed down should fix ur issue UNLESS you have a wiring problem

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where exactly is this door hinge?

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

*where at by the door hinge

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

@night throne. I figured out the problem. The sensor from the new fender apparently isn't pushed out far out enough. I took care of it by applying a generous amount of tape on the pad that presses the sensor down. Thanks a lot for the help!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.