Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i removed the door guards or strips as some woould call, and have found that the two passanger side doors on my sedan have been repainted and they repainted over the guards, so theres a paint line when off, so i cant take the guards off, which is sad, cuz it looks so much better with them off, Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Just leave them off. No one will notice at a distance and if you are close enough you will be able to tell anyways.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its actually really noticeable at a distance, as its new paint on old paint, so its a strip of different shade of gold and its noticeably outlined and its ugly

·
Registered
79 Posts
maybe instead of deleting do a two tone for a diff look. or an exspensive high speed buff might get the old paint back to its orig luster.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
doesnt even have to be 3M, lepage makes some awesome 2 sided tape thats sold at most hardware stores, its red and insanly strong.

you could use a construction adhesive(PL premium) to stick it back to, would be even stronger than two sided tape, you'd just have to secure it for a few hours

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.