Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I have a 2007 Cobalt LTZ. My door handle was either tampered with or become victim to quite a bit of use. Either way, it needs replaced!

I'm a newb when it comes to car maintenance and repair, so I'm probably better off bringing it to someone with experience. However, I'm curious if replacing the handle is a fairly easy task? I'm assuming I would need to remove the door panel to do this?

Thanks for your advice!

Fraze

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... it's broken! :( I have to hold the piece where the key entry is in order to pull the handle to open the door. Otherwise, it would slide the whole handle unit out of the door!

I have no worries about buying the $15 part. My concern is paying $200 in labor to get it replaced (maybe an exaggeration), when it could possibly be easy to do myself???

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Ive had my door panel off so many times and I cant remember if its easy to get to, but ive replaced them on customer cars and its easy just a few bolts and you have to detach the a few things but the hardest part will be getting to it. just pop your door panel off and look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response! I figured getting to it would be the hardest part, but I wasn't sure. I'll try popping off the door panel and taking a look. Keep in mind though, you're talking to someone who has never changed a car's oil :sick:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi all - I have a 2007 Cobalt LTZ. My door handle was either tampered with or become victim to quite a bit of use. Either way, it needs replaced!

I'm a newb when it comes to car maintenance and repair, so I'm probably better off bringing it to someone with experience. However, I'm curious if replacing the handle is a fairly easy task? I'm assuming I would need to remove the door panel to do this?

Thanks for your advice!

Fraze
i replaced my door handles with chrome ones, It didnt take too long at all, if you have to right tools. Im sure it shouldnt be too much in labor. hope it went well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.