Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to remove the door handle on the outside of the car??? for some reason the driver side it's a different color of the car and need to paint it myself how to remove it it's the dilemma I'm stuck right now please any help will be appreciated it

·
Registered
680 Posts
^ I agree...but I have never tried taking it off

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I think there may be a thread here about that already. Seems to be an issue with our cars.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think there may be a thread here about that already. Seems to be an issue with our cars.
I'm talking about the outside one and yeah my whole panel is off and don;t think there is a thread about this already or at least didn't see any when I posted this:weird:

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

i dont know how to do it, but my guess you would have to take the door panelt off.

mine rattles alot when my music is loud, gets annoying
1 get a tinny piece of sound dampening material right on top of the screws
2 make sure the screws are not loose and pretty tight them all the way that gets rid of that

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

i dont know how to do it, but my guess you would have to take the door panelt off.

mine rattles alot when my music is loud, gets annoying
and the ones make the rattling noise are the ones of the car handle in the inside the one you use to pull the door to close it different thing tho

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well mine is actually the outside door handle. i cna grab a hold of it and the rattling goes away.
remove your door panel and there is a nut inside of it it might be loose that's the only figured out myself but don't know how to take the whole thing out:notrust:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ :bigsmile: Good thing I got bored at work then, lol.
ok just to show you my gratitude here a joke a blind guy walking on the street with his eye seeing dog and walks into a store and in the middle of this one pull the dogs leash and starts swinging the dog all over his head the managers approaches him and says "hey man what is wrong with you"? what do you think you are doing??? 'the blind guy says.."I'm just looking around":laugh:

·
Registered
298 Posts
once i crank my system my spoiler rattles and it sounds like complete shit :( i never really paid to much attention to the door handles though

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
once i crank my system my spoiler rattles and it sounds like complete shit :( i never really paid to much attention to the door handles though
I don't care for the rattling need to paint it since the pothead sold me the car had a different color for the driver side no idea why:notrust:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
why dont u ask the pot head how he got it off? lol or did u fall outta contact with him
it's been like a year since I bought the car and still have his business card but he lives like 2 hours from here so don't think is worth it:notrust:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
ok just to show you my gratitude here a joke a blind guy walking on the street with his eye seeing dog and walks into a store and in the middle of this one pull the dogs leash and starts swinging the dog all over his head the managers approaches him and says "hey man what is wrong with you"? what do you think you are doing??? 'the blind guy says.."I'm just looking around":laugh:
Thanks! But... ummmmmm.... don't quit your day job ..? :toung: jk

·
Registered
750 Posts
I believe you have to take the door panel off first. Then you will see two clamps holding the window in. Roll the window down like half way and then loosen them. You can now remove the window. With the window out you can now get to the nuts for the handle to take it off. This is how my body guy told me was the easiest way. You can probably get to it without removing the window but doing so makes it easier to get to.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe you have to take the door panel off first. Then you will see two clamps holding the window in. Roll the window down like half way and then loosen them. You can now remove the window. With the window out you can now get to the nuts for the handle to take it off. This is how my body guy told me was the easiest way. You can probably get to it without removing the window but doing so makes it easier to get to.
I just use a 1/4" socket wrench and a tinny joint to make it flexible and get to the bolts and yeah the window gets completely in the way but once you have loosen it up can take it out with you hand... you need really small hands by the way:notrust:

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

oh and painting it already looking good so far not so confident if I'll be able to put it back on:(

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
speacial thanks to krazedkitty and her boring job:smile1: it was really hard and got a couple of cuts on my knuckles but it's look good enough to me

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.