Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend went to go get in my car and ripped the door handle off
do i need to just but a door handle or is there other stuff i need to buy to fix it

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
After looking again, my first post wasn't very helpful. What you need to order depends. On what broke. There is a spring mechanism that operates the exterior handle. If that's what broke you probably can't open the door from the outside. If the plastic handle broke you can probably pull what's left to open it. Buying just the handle will fix that. The three bolts that hold it on are a mother to get out, but easier if you pull the glass. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
713 Posts
My handle was ripped off by a chick I know and shes def no incredible hulk. I painted mine with color matched paint and now you cant even tell its not the stock handle. Its a pain to have to fix it, but its totally doable.

·
Registered
229 Posts
yeah it suck but i hope have a new one soon my old man is a manager of the parts department at a gmc dealer with a paint shop hopefully it doesn't cost me much an yeah i'm strong but not "heman"

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
i guess i'm screwed cause i big hands lol, i found out i can get a fact. for $35&sprayed for free thankful for that it stills sucks as well as the love hate for the car,lol
ya im 6' 2'' 225 so i had a hell of a time until i figured out how to hold the bolts and get around all the arms in there. just make sure you have good light because two of the three bolts are hard to see without direct light. 10mm btw, another suprise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.