Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The door handle on my coupe feels a little stiff ...like it needs lubrication. Is what's behind the handle all plastic? Has anyone tried to lubricate whatever the door handle is operating? If so, what did you use?

The door opens and closes fine..just talking about whatever it is the door handle is operating.

TIA

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yeah I have a back door with a stiff handle. I tried spraying the handle and latch but it did nothing. I plan on taking it apart to see why, but I need the car to stop for a few minutes. Barely had time to put the winter tires on this afternoon. It wasn't off the jack for 3 seconds and it was gone.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Coby...taking the handle off is out of my league. I'd make a mess of it almost certainly.
I'm going to take a stab at shooting lubricant into the available openings around the exterior door handle. I'm not sure what the mechanism that the handle operates is made from...my guess is though that if it's plastic or if it has some plastic components then some silicone spray might be best.

I'll write back

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shot some silicone spray using the thin tube applicator into the holes around the exterior handle ...seems to have done the trick for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.