Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My interior handles are peeling. Anyone seen any aftermarket handles? Or should I just peel the rest of an paint it? I'm just not sure about the paint because none of my interior is painted, and the door handle gets used so much.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I would just peel it off and paint it, but thats just me.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
try bringing it to chevy and have them paint it. There is supposed to be a 7 year 70k mile paint warranty.

·
Registered
148 Posts
try bringing it to chevy and have them paint it. There is supposed to be a 7 year 70k mile paint warranty.
whoa dude are you serious? cuz theres a couple places where my paint has chipped on the outside of the car. like you cant tell unless you start to nitpick, but i nitpick.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
whoa dude are you serious? cuz theres a couple places where my paint has chipped on the outside of the car. like you cant tell unless you start to nitpick, but i nitpick.
oh yeah definatly on the exterior. My buddy has a cobalt and his clearcoat on his rims started peelings. They gave him a new rim, and the fixed his back bumper where the clearcoat was peeling aswell. All for FREE

·
Registered
148 Posts
oh yeah definatly on the exterior. My buddy has a cobalt and his clearcoat on his rims started peelings. They gave him a new rim, and the fixed his back bumper where the clearcoat was peeling aswell. All for FREE
i can just take it to the chevy dealership in town and ask em about it then?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
THey are pretty cheap to buy a new handle.. like 15 bucks.. But personally I would take it apart and get the rest off with some steel wool then repaint them a different color

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For $15, maybe I'll try painting them, and if I don't like it, it won't cost much to fix.
I'm going to have to head to the dealer. The paint on my bumper is chipping and flaking off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
For $15, maybe I'll try painting them, and if I don't like it, it won't cost much to fix.
I'm going to have to head to the dealer. The paint on my bumper is chipping and flaking off.
hey post back here what they tell you. cuz if it is under warranty, im gonna head to my local dealer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I finally made it in to check on the paint warranty, only because my car is now going into this engine power reduced mode, but that's a whole other topic. They said the warranty is a corrosion warranty, that really only covers damage if it's a rust hole all the way through the sheet metal. So non of the plastic parts are covered.
I guess I'll be looking for an after market SS type bumper soon.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mine's been cracked since I got it (the paint) and it just started peeling this week. About cut my hand open today...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.