Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I left Old Chicago last night, and when I got out to the lot I noticed that my rear driver's side door was ajar. When I went in an hour earlier, I'm 100% certain it was closed and locked. When I tried to close it, the latch would not engage and the door would bounce back.

I manually moved the latch through its ROM just fine, but it would not secure. Drove half way home holding it shut (mad contortion skill btw). Cranked the heat for a bit and it secured.

Anyone else experience a faulty latch that acts up in cold temps? Dealer said if it happens again they'll replace it, but I'd prefer not to get my crap stolen before that happens.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Mine likes to stick and when I try to close the door... it just bounces.

I have to grab the exterior handle and rack it in and out a bunch of times before it'll work.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Don't you hate it when it happens?? I just spray the posts & mechinisms with a little lubricant, open & close the door about 6 times, & alls alright for awhile. First vehicle I ever had THIS problem with.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
This happened to me about a month ago, I was like great got a new car and already its falling apart. I slammed it hard and the lock unfroze or what ever was wrong with it, hasn't happened since...

·
Registered
2 Posts
my drivers door was stuck for a few days before i could get it fixed, climbing in and out of the window/ passenger door. such a piss off! it happend when i first got my car too!, took it to the dealer, got it fixed, hasent happend since!......such a cheaply built car!

·
Registered
32 Posts
i just had driver side lock me in a finally took some pb blaster sprayed the heck out of outside handle and all cables along with lock mechanism seems smoother operating so far

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.