Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had these problems for sometime now and i have not had time to figure it out. I have had an issue with my door locks locking and unlocking by themselves all the time it gets quite annoying hearing it all the time. It happens when i am driving and when i am out of the car. Could this be a fuse problem? Or perhaps a loose ground wire? Or any other suggestions i will probably be working on fixing this for most of the day tomorrow.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My Cobalt unlocks the doors when the transmission in placed into park. There are several ways to program the lock and unlock that's explained in the owners manual. I guess it's possible for the switch that tells the system that you are in Park could be bad or out of adjustment but I would think the transmission indicator would show something.
You may want to program your car to a different lock/unlock program to see if the problem changes.
Best of luck, Tom

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replaced the fuse today with another one. Haven't had anymore problems with it since but will take a while to see if it really fixed it considering sometimes it goes a while without doing it. Thanks for all the help everyone! Glad to be back on yourcobalt.com!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Krazedkitty what kinda of headlight mods did you do to your cobalt?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh okay they are cool looking how long did it take you? Oh and about the door problem i was driving last night and it was still doing it. So the fuse must have not been the problem but i stuck a brand new fuse in it last night do you know where the ground is for the door locks?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Someone else actually painted them & I bought them that way, lol. If you're good at painting I don't think it'd take you too long. Getting them sealed-up right is the tricky part.

I have no clue about the ground, sorry. Hopefully someone else knows...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha yeah i noticed that with the stock headlights i had the seal was really bad on those had to get them resealed when it was under warranty and still had to buy sealant from autozone but now they dont leak. The ground to the battery was kinda loose i dont know if they had anything to do with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my car locks itself whenever i leave it running and close the doors... it gets expensive having someone come out and unlock it. ive replaced the fuse and checked all my grounds. everything looks good

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah same still havent figure it out yet just took the fuse out temporarily until i get it checked out i guess im gonna have to take it in to get looked at i was going to try to avoid it but i have no other ideas on what to do. Someone told me something about the body control module or it could be faulty remotes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow i have finally figured it out it was my key fob the solder came undone in one of them finally fixed my problem!!!!!! But i did run into on problem yesterday after i fixed it my driver side door would not open from the inside or the outside so i had to enter through the passenger side door for on the way to work and the way back but when i got back home it was working again it was weird hopefully it wont happen again!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had this problem with mine. (06 Cobalt LT Coupe) My husband ordered me a new door lock switch (which the local Chevy dealer had IN STOCK... there's a clue that it's a common problem!) 2 weeks ago (about $20) and installed it. I haven't had ONE problem since! I HIGHLY recommend forking out the $20 for a new switch!! ... If it works for you like it did for me, you'll be happy you didn't get the new BCM! (Not sure how much those are, but I'm sure it's more than $20 some!!)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry took so long to reply. Yeah, I have keyless entry. That doesn't work, but I'm 99.9% sure I just need a new remote. The remote is still messed up even though the locks are fixed.

My husband changed the switch. (BUT I lucked out and fell in love with a body guy...LOL.) He just took out that door handle cover thingy (that I use to put spare change) with a screwdriver, and changed the switches. He showed me the 2 switches side-by-side, and the old one was definitely corroded (like pop or coffee had been spilled down it).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.