Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Soo my door lock like snapped somehow, not too sure how it happened. But i was just wondering if it is easy to get new ones or if anyone has done that before, may be a dumb question, i dont really know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean its not necessary but its going to bug the shit out of me. If its possible to get a new one for cheap or something id do it.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If I remember right, it is not cheap. Think it is an assembly that goes all the way to the handle. Tanslates to expensive, unless you get one from a salvage yard. Then, IMO, not worth the hassle of replacing.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
yeah I'm pretty sure the plastic just threads onto a rod.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

don't quote me though

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I know right. I said don't quote me.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

:p

·
Registered
84 Posts
mine was actually like this when I bought the car used and it drove me insane because it made the door near impossible to unlock from the inside. I tried a couple autozone ones but one pair stuck out way too far and the other didnt fit, luckily I was able to get the dealer to replace it under their 30 day warranty (they replaced the entire lock assembly) I'd say just go to a salvage yard and find one, the plastic piece DOES just twist on to the metal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.