Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So new to the cobalt scene just bough an 06 2.2 and to start the story I noticed getting on to the car it would send into limp home mode ok went under the hood and messed with the connections on the tcm and ecm fixed problem don't run car hard ok so other day car leaves me stranded doorlocks start engaging as soon as I put it into gear also car shifts into neutral witch Revs the car and in turn sending it into limp home any ideas on how to proceed with troubleshooting

·
Registered
592 Posts
Does there happen to be any codes being set? While the door locks can be programmed to lock and unlocked when put into gear, they shouldn’t randomly operate by themselves. If they’re set to automatically lock and unlock, they can be set to lock when shifted out of part, and unlock just the driver door or all doors. Depending the setting it is in. You can also disable the automatic locking as well.

The transmission should only be able to be put into neutral by manually shifting into neutral as the engagement is manually so with the shifter through the shifter cable. So it going into neutral sounds like an electronic issue affecting the valve body and disrupting hydraulic line pressure to the clutch bands. It can also be caused by other things. There is are feed lines located inside the fluid pan. The lines are affixed to a manifold by way of brazing I believe. This type of weld can break, and the lines may detach from this manifold. The assembly is bolted in on both ends. If this is the case it will usually have the symptom of no forward gears. You may have reverse though. However this may not be your problem since you have other electrical faults happening at the same time.

I am currently working on my transmission. I am experiencing loss of 1st gear, only having 2nd and 3rd. 4th went away when the transmission finally set a code for a bad solenoid. Which I’m currently replacing. There are two shift solenoids. There is also a pressure control solenoid. They may affect shifting ability or loss of gear changes. Being that they’re controlled by the TCM, it is possible to have a neutral like condition when in drive if they aren’t function properly. Either due to solenoid failure or TCM performance.

With no codes it’ll make things a bit harder to determine the cause of without manually testing things. I may be reading your post wrong though. It’s hard to tell exactly what you’re saying, as you haven’t used periods in your sentences.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts