Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
uht ohs

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

still could be the drivers switch because is controls both of them

·
Registered
100 Posts
i am having the same problem how did you end up fixing it? Mine also does it when i am not in the car so i need to figure it out soon!

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

but i am also having problems with my power lock buttons themselves do not work

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone get this solved? I have the same problem, just started today. How urgent is this? I mean, would the locking and unlocking drain the battery or do anything that would just ruin my car. I can live with the clicking sounds for a few days I guess, just as long as I don't have to worry about anything going terribly wrong...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think so. It goes on and off even when I'm sitting in the car with it off. Does the car know if the FOB is close by? Like can it pick up a signal. If not, then I don't think its that. From what I've read, its probably a faulty switch or fuse...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you tried to put your key remote where the signal won't be sent to your car. Your remote works with the car off , and maybe it's faulty . You do have a keyless entry right ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm a few months behind on this forum, but it's just that the driver's side switch needs replaced. Hubby did mine about a month ago, and NO problems since! :) Kind of nice to drive down the road and not have the doors locking and unlocking themselves! (Part was around $20 through GM, hubby is a body guy, so he installed it, but it looked VERY easy to do, and def. NOT something you need to pay $90 an hour to have GM do.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.