Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this may seem like a stupid question, but i have the manual door locks and want to put steel ones in there instead of the plastic black ones....so how do i unscrew or take out the door lock nob thingys?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok im sure you either have this answer because it was such a long time ago but...you need to take the door panels off and then there is a big rod that is connected to the black nob. it is very flexible and if you pull on it, it should pop right out. but you will have to gtet a full wire and new nob to replace it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I used to have a ford ranger that i took the plastic thing off and replaced it with little dice. Thats when i thought that stuff was cool when i first strted driving at the age of 16 haha...but yes... take off the door panel , hold the rod and give theplastic cap thingy a good tug or try unscrewing it. All i had to do was unscrew the ones off my old truck

52 Posts
I just added power door locks to mine, and in looking at those, mine at least were glued on. To take them off would have broken them and not sure if there are threads underneath or not.

·
Registered
101 Posts
really simple i just did this right now get some channel locks or pliers what ever u have with u and a rag and just righty tighty lefty losey i chopped mine down so they dont stick out so much

·
Banned
292 Posts
its screwed on but not like threads... its weird u'll see what i mean but ya rag and pliers and a tug and your good to go. no need to even remove door panel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.