Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just trying to get the panel off to change my speaker but the little cover in the inside door handle just won't come out so I can unscrew it. I'm able to get the one behind the door latch handle but not the other one. How were you guys able to get that little black cover off? I'm ready to take a power drill to it.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I used a small flat head screwdriver. Pushed in hard and pulled towards me quickly to get it to pop out. If that makes sense.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Even a butter knife is usefull because its thin. anything that can pry it up. Just slowly keep sliding it under and pop it up a tad, push, pop, push etc etc

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The little tab in mine broke out a long time ago. I have a basic trim removal tool from the auto store that works well, but like others said, any flat bladed object will do in a crunch. Just compress the area where the tab is and slide something under it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah my little tab broke off too and I even stuck a paper clip in there to try to get an extra pry but got stuck... don't shove paperclip ends down the tab hole! I don't know how though but I got it just randomly. They make these things so difficult these days.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It is actually very easy with the right tool. To bad I saw this so late I could have removed mine with pictures to show you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.