Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to XFE for the how to..:bigsmile: Took 6 hours but that included padding and covering the armrest. enjoy!

I went with the grey to match the interior and my rims:toung: Also, I tried the screw method mention, OOPS!!! not much to work with, Also the retaining washer method wouldn't work for me because of the lack of post left. The material bulks it up so TONS of glue sticks (and a lot of patience)is definitely the way to go...lol

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
ooooohh looks sharp man, I've been putting off doing this for ages haha! I want to do silver inserts... so the screws DIDNT work? I was going to use some construction adhesive and let it site over night...

any other tips?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
looks good!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ooooohh looks sharp man, I've been putting off doing this for ages haha! I want to do silver inserts... so the screws DIDNT work? I was going to use some construction adhesive and let it site over night...

any other tips?
Don't put the inserts in the sun to dry, It relaxed the material and lost its shape around the corners, Also on my second insert I just put the tip of my soldering iron into the middle of the plastic rivits and pulled up on the inserts. It seemed to leave the most post sticking up and then I went back and scrapped the melted plastic of the insert. Oh and also i used my soldering iron to make the holes in the vinyl for the post to stick back through. It smelled like sh*t but made a nice clean hole

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.