Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer opening my driver door I had minor troubles opening the door as the weather stripping was catching the door panel. Well, 8 months later and after 6 months of BCT (during which my girlfriend had the vehicle) the door panel is falling apart, the plastic rivet like things holding the arm rest to the panel is ripped and the weather stripping right through the staples holding it. Not to help my case, I have made some modifications to it to allow for automatic locks and 6"x9"'s (it does not have all the clip locations). I have replaced all the OEM clips with aftermarket ones and the held for some time, but currently duct tape is the only thing holding it to the door frame. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way the 6X9's were cut they dont really interfere with the clip in the bottom left. I'm quite new to the site, but is there any place on here someone might be selling them? Currently on eBay, there is someone selling SS Panels and Seats, are install point universal or common between all models?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
same exact things happened to my car. same reason why. weather strip was catching the door pannel, it was of the passenger door though. So the door wouldnt open and whoever was in the passenger seat would think... oh i must have to push with all the power i have left in my body.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
My question is WHY would you put 6x9's in the front?

Anyways good luck, I would say get some oem clips and make sure they're all attached...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll get some pics up soon, busy weekend ahead of me...but, I have a personal preference for 6x9's all the way around. They over power if they are just on the back lid and you can tweak the sound so it plays a nice even balance. Great highs, mids, and lows (but that all has to do with the quality and rating of the speaker just as much as size).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.