Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i noticed my front right speaker wasnt working while i drove to work this morning but when i got off and got back in the car it was working fine so i know speaker isnt busted or anything but as im leaving my girls house tonight it messes up again and that speaker is the only one not working again anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have the same problem with my front drivers side speaker...
I'm pretty sure its a loose connection somewhere but I havent really had the time to look for it really
I checked the little connector that runs from the interior of the car thru the gap between the car and the door and it worked for a little bit after messing with that but it went back
I think it could be a problem with the connection running into the actual speaker but like i said I havent had time to get into it much

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what ppl come up with =)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to know im not the only one experiencing this i was like wtf only had car for 6 months and i dont bass that hard lol

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeah lol
Same here
I'm putting my lowering springs on later today but after that I'll prolly tear my car apart and try to find out whats up =)
If I get a chance to I'll let you know what I find

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've had this problem too... My passenger side speaker would go in and out. The connection seemed fine, but there was water leaking in and got the wires wet....

·
Registered
680 Posts
Ah yeah sometimes my AC condensates when I roll my windows down so that could be my problem...
Did you just replace the speakers?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had the exact same problem. The front passenger speaker works now and then. Eventually it stopped working altogether. So I just got a new set of front speakers. Now it works fine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
how much does it cost for a new speaker with installation.
I got a pair of front speakers for $50. You install it yourself. Its like common sense. Remove the old speaker. Put the new speaker in. Using the holes in the door from the old speaker, just screw the new speaker in place. Just plug the new speakers into the wire harness and you are done.

You could test the wire connection by running a volt meter on the speaker wire when your radio is on. That will tell you if the wire/headunit is bad or not.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
My car did the exact same thing, so I thought at first it was the factory HU, got that replaced... nope, didnt work. So I next thought it was a bad connection, checked everything & nope, wasnt that either. So just for the heck of it, I put in some brand new kicker door speakers & wouldnt you know it, it worked! haha... what had happened was my driver speaker went bad & caused the other to go bad or something or other... they would work when they wanted to & all that... so yup, i'm willing to bet you're gonna need new speakers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.