Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know what size our door speakers are? i've blown two now and i need to get some new ones. Any suggestions for a good set that can take a beating? Anything would help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Go to crutchfield.com and enter all your vehicle information and they will tell you the sizes of the door speakers and the rear speakers. I prefer Alpine and I plan on getting a pair of component speakers when I get the money and put the tweeters in the blank space at the top of the door behind the sideview mirror.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
6.5's and 6 x 9

·
Registered
12 Posts
stock speakers in the door are 5 1/2. I just installed a set of orion cobalt 61/2 components. U should up grade from 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 becuse u have to building a mounting template. Here are some pics of mine.

I will get a pick of it installed and all back together.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I like the custom bracket. I cut the speaker out of the stock bracket and reused it. Kind of a PITA but it worked

·
Registered
12 Posts
if i had done that i would have had to use 5 1/2, i wasnt the 6". Amazing difference thou. I am adding 3 more sets of these speakers. i have the stock if some one wants to buy them, if the dont want the hasl of new ones.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, i just need to get some time and replace mine. i'm working on a bachelors in mechanical engineering and a bachelors in aerospace enineering so time is really hard to find for me. thanks all

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had Infinity Kappas in my 98 Dodge Avenger and the sound was mind blowing. (6.5 Components in the front, 3 way 6x9 in the rear) The only problem is the hefty price tag. I also had a High end Kenwood head unit. The 06 Cobalt I’m planning on doing Kicker all around. They have been around awhile and with a little searching can find a set for under $60.
Good Luck
~JF~

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm pretty sure they're 6.5 front 6x9 rear... go for components... its worth the price

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i need to replace minde bad. now both are blown.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.