Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting my budget retros project and so far its turning out really good! Just waiting on parts to come in now, but everything is painted and waiting! On to the pics...

heres how i got the lights

took them furthur apart and painted housings black

tried seeing if chrome paint would do the reflectors any justice, turns out not

sanded off the chrome and painted them black instead (along with the orange reflectors)

started with assembly

and this is where im at now! still gotta order the projectors with halos; i will be doing that very soon. Going to be putting 6000k HIDs in along with the halos (white halos im thinking). as for turn signal bulbs im still up in the air as to what i want to get. Ill probably get chrome bulbs that flash orange seeing as the switchbacks cost more than I paid for the headlights

Ill keep you posted! feel free to discuss!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Good luck on ur project...hope u didn't spray bomb them on ur carpet :worried:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh god no! lol

i did it outside then brought them in to finish drying. i was gunna guess someone would mention this.

·
Registered
911 Posts
whew! I was hoping that, just that every pic showed carpet underneath, I was about to say u can kiss ur damage deposit goodbye...looks good btw

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
U buying mkulrey13 projectors?
yea i missed out on the group buy but there is a guy here at school that has ones exactly the same that he bout off ebay (all for a similar price as mkulrey13) so it looks like ill be getting those. He has them on his show car (which is the most BA stratus i have ever seen btw) and he hasnt had problems ever so it looks legit!

they come with relay harnesses, projectors, HID bulbs & ballasts, and even sealent to seal your headlight back up!

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

whew! I was hoping that, just that every pic showed carpet underneath, I was about to say u can kiss ur damage deposit goodbye...looks good btw
haha yea i have done my fair share of spray bombing so i know better! :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
looks good.
im geting retros eventuallllly!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
ahh yea i plan to mail mike my stock headlights and have him paint and retrofit them.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea depending how the final product of these turn out i might think about doing other peoples' if they want (if they are similar in design to these). I love doing this kind of stuff!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone think eyelids would look good on this or would it be too much with the halos and everything going on..

im thinking it would b too much

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea i think im going to wait until i got the halos all installed. depending on how it looks then i might do eyelids, they would look better seeing as i have the black housings already, but we shall see.

Just ordered all parts today! :bigsmile:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.