Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dose the INGALLS "STIFFY" Engine Damper, and the ZZP BILLET Trannie Mounts from cobalt-addiction.com fit on the 2.2 L enigne? with 5-speed manual?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
the ingalls will fit. but there is a clearance issue with a k&n typhoon though. not sure about other intakes.

regarding the trani mounts, i took this directly from zzp'z website-"Works with all 5-speed manual transmission Cobalt/Ion applications. This product is not compatible with automatic transmissions! Some increase in cabin vibration will be present depending on driving conditions." :)

if you order, i would get directly from zzp. the cost is the same, but i have heard some not so good things about CA's customer service.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yes they will fit the 2.2 with manual transmission. As long as you don't have a K&N or GMPP intake the ingalls will work. I would suggest just going with an engine mount like the ones from TTR

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how exacally dose it not fit with a KN intake like the one I have? Is it possible to work around or modify pieces so it dose fit or no?

·
Registered
122 Posts
how exacally dose it not fit with a KN intake like the one I have? Is it possible to work around or modify pieces so it dose fit or no?
Heat sheild is in the way from what I have seen. I plan on doing it and either modifying the shield so it works or removing it.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Well you could cut the heat shield.. But its really not worth doing that.. Besides an engine mount is about the same cost, except works better!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was gona get both. what about the weapon R engine damper that mount in the same place? now im thinking of maybe not getting it and using the money for an exhaust instead. tsudo I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.