Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is really a 2 part question.

I hear that my '07 2.2 already comes with the lsj exhast header, is that true?

If so then what would the best downpipe (size, brand) to complement my GMPP exhast?

Also, is it just me or is my resonator hanging too low? anything to worry about because i plan to add sportline springs later on.

·
Registered
257 Posts
keep it at 2.25". Not sure about the lsj header being on our 2.2s but it's better to get a 4-2-1 design. What a lot of 2.2L's do though is buy the stock lsj downpipe from the lsj guys and put it on...its 2.25" so it fits the size of the exhaust and it bolts up correctly

Res is fine...just be careful over the huge speed bumps

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes it is the same as the LSJ header for you lucky 07 guys. As far as downpipes go...it depends what you plan on doing as far as modding...if you plan on going the N/A route and doing engine internals/nitrous, get a 2.5" downpipe. It'll be worth it down the road.

If you plan on just doing minor mods, just do as Alpha suggested and get an LSJ downpipe.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys.

So if my future plans involve a CAI and 2.4intake manifold swap, i would be just fine with a LSJ dp? And also would a CEL come up often when i change the dp?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks for the info guys.

So if my future plans involve a CAI and 2.4intake manifold swap, i would be just fine with a LSJ dp? And also would a CEL come up often when i change the dp?
ya w/ those mods your good w/ the lsj dp...no cel will come on...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i got a LSJ downpipe from a local guy around here with a SS/SC and he sold me his for $50 which i think is a steal, and even threw in his springs too with only about 6.000 miles on it. i have to wait to get this installed since i have no way of doing it myself.

So what can i expect from this swap, would it be a slight gain in performance with what i already have or will it just be louder?

·
Registered
257 Posts
So i got a LSJ downpipe from a local guy around here with a SS/SC and he sold me his for $50 which i think is a steal, and even threw in his springs too with only about 6.000 miles on it. i have to wait to get this installed since i have no way of doing it myself.

So what can i expect from this swap, would it be a slight gain in performance with what i already have or will it just be louder?
you cant expect much from an exhaust w/ out being boosted so you'll barley feel the gain, if any. The exhaust should sound a little louder but not by much

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i just got the lsj dp install like an hour ago and even tho its a slight difference i can still feel it and has a nice deeper purr to it. love it! everything fit perfect.

but it was weird that there were 2 senors on the stock dp but only one on the lsj dp, does it matter that the ss/sc that it came off from was an '06 and my 2.2 is an '07?

but heres a pic showing the difference between the 2 witht the LSJ dp on the right.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Wow that is for sure a noticeable difference

·
Registered
39 Posts
thats how the xtc 2.5 down pipe and the lsj look by comparison also lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
i have an LSJ and i took my pipe off and cut the cat... and welded in a straight pipe inplace of it... its loud as sht but the stock cat had to much hold back for the boost... i could have gone with a high flow cat but i would rather see what kinda gains i will get going catless

for you like everyone said that LSJ dp would be great... i didnt know that the 07s have the LSJ manifold... thats cool.

your res does sit lower then stock but from the looks of it, it looks like the GMPP exhaust... so unless the 07s came with that there it is aftermarket.. well GMPP... but aded on none the less. so it should give you a lil better sound and pwer.

the dp wont get you alot more power, but it is a good supporting mod... its good to get good airflow in and out of the car... now your external exhaust is set.... start on you external intake... CAI or SRI and a newer intake mani would be great to increase your engines air intake...

if you want better internal intake/exhaust... you can do head work like: cams (they will increase your flow in and out of the motor... ) 3 angle valve job (will do the same) and port out the intake and exhaust ports to match the intake and exhaust manifold sizes and smooth the roughness out of them for better smoother flow.

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Any 4-2-1 header with a 2.5" downpipe (unless you have forced induction plans). DP's are all pretty much the same unless they're wider and have a high flow cat. And even then the difference is minimal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.