Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I opened my sunroof for the first time on Friday, I closed it and heard a clicking sound... when I went to Blaise Alexander(the dealer that sold me the car, and gave me a 30 day btb warranty, as well as sold me a First Extended Service Contract(which I'm irritated with ALREADY)) and they correctly diagnosed that my sunroof motor was failing. When I called First, they told me that a sunroof wasn't covered due to the wording of the contract. Last time I checked, a sunroof motor is the same as a power window motor. Should I take it back to the dealer and continue to fight with my extended warranty? I mean, I've ONLY just made the first payment on the car and don't want it to get started on a sour note.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
You aren't paying the dealership you are paying the bank, raise Hell I say!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I would read the contract and see if they are warranted in their statement. If not I would go back and get it fixed. There also could be a guide that broke. I know Coby has posted the service manual description on here before. You should be able to search for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The high tech warranty covers "Power Window Motors" but nothing pertaining to the sunroof. this is not the first instance of First screwing people over though... there's pages upon pages of stuff on the internet about First not wanting to pay for stuff.

Blackbalts... it's been to the dealer and has been confirmed as the motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.