Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Here's where me and Chris always go. They have a good bit of 'balts and G5's. Give em a call tomorrow and ask them.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Feezles

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Did you replace the front speakers? If so, did you just sheet metal screw them into the door?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Junkyard...

They would probably just give it to ya for practically nothing.

Or from the dealer. It's gonna be hard to find that part number tho..
Would be better to have the dealer install the seal if you have side airbags? I ask because I may eventually have to replace the drivers side door seal and I am not sure this is a job one should try to do themselves.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Would be better to have the dealer install the seal if you have side airbags? I ask because I may eventually have to replace the drivers side door seal and I am not sure this is a job one should try to do themselves.
It's easy....just pull...they come right out. I have had my interior gutted (everything out) ...it's not hard at all.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i got in to my car on this fine rainy thanksgiving day and there was a puddle in my foot well...filled almost the entire foot well....im very upset needless to say....i hate my car! it hasnt done this in a while but now it just started doing it again.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

any more suggestions

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm still thinking its the speakers. If you don't have the Pioneer system, you'd need the proper brackets when adding aftermarket speakers. With the cobalt, most of the puddle on the foor issues result from not having a proper seal with the speakers to the door (Since water sheets through the door), or a clogged sunroof drain (If you have a sunroof).

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
i might have to check the speakers....what bracket are you talking about nighthawk? can you suggest some speakers
When you have the Pioneer system, there is a bracket that the speakers attach to. With the base 4 speaker system, the bracket and speakers are integrated. When installing on the base system, you have to cut the old speakers out of the OEM bracket, and then screw the new speakers into them, or use a modified Scosche bracket. If you don't use the bracket and just screw the speakers to the door, there is a gaping hole at the bottom of the speaker that allows water to enter the passenger compartment instead of going to the drain holes at the bottom of the door.

As far as speaker reccomendations go, I thought you already had aftermarket ones installed?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.