Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to get in my car and my driver side door won't open. It's unlocked but it's like the lock is still engaged. I tried both inside and outside and nothing. I even lock and unlocked it several times to maybe see if the lock will unstick but nothing.

My passenger side door is fine.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine with her Pontiac G5. First the driver side stuck, got that fixed and now the passenger side stuck. I think she's still having problems too.

Anyone else have this problem. I thought maybe something ****ed up when I put it in park but if it did, the passenger side door would have to be jammed too.

I really don't want to have to take it to a garage and pay something $50 an hour to look at it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found a temp fix. Just banged the ouside of the door near the door seal under the handle. One or two times and i was able to open it. I took some WD-40 put some on the metal part of the lock. Hopefully that will loosen up whatever is sticking inside.

Might take the door panel when I get a nice day and take WD-40 to it again.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It is a binding latch. Mine was just replaced last week for that problem.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The latch itself is held in by a few torx bolts, but reconnecting everything is a pain since it is inside the door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.