Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2007 Chevy Cobalt that’s pretty standard, no power windows, electric locks, etc. What's going on is my turn signal on my driver side is acting weird. When I pull down the wand to activate it; it comes on but blinks rapidly in my headlight but not in my tail light.

At first I thought I needed to replace my tail light bulb, but the tail lights and the brake lights work fine and the bulb doesn’t seem to be burned out. Then I tried looking at the owner’s manual/fuse boxes to see if there was a burnt out fuse but could not find any fuses that are specifically for the brake lights/turn signals? I went to AutoZone and they weren't really sure what the problem was either. Has anyone on here had this same problem or knows a solution?

In a couple weeks I’m bringing my car to the dealership to get a tune up and whatever else needs work but I would like to fix this myself if possible. Thank you for reading.

-Adam

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
dont got LEDs installed im assuming?

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Adam86!

I completely understand wanting to get this resolved on your own. If it does turn into a dealership repair, keep me posted on the progress! I'm available for any follow-up on the appointment, or to answer any questions you may have about warranty or recall information.

Sarah, GM Customer Service

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Quick blinker means an open circuit. Is the bulb in your instrument panel working? It is the same relay as brake light so that's good. Make sure bulb is good. My guess is that you misdiagnosed andyour rear bulb is actually burnt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the bulb in the instrument panel is working. When I pull down the wand the arrow blinks rapidly while the right arrow blinks fine. I'll check out the rear bulb when I get off of work today, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.