Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side headlight has moisture in it and i really need to fix it.. im guessing that some of the sealer around the headlight has gone bad. If any one has had this problem before please give me an idea of how to cheaply fix and even what kind of sealer or materials i would need to fix it.

thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Id just take em off. Do the oven method and paint em if u want (b4 make sure u clean it up) then re seal it up extra good wth clear rtv sealent

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yeah if i were you i would just paint my headlights wile i was at it. (CHECK the DIY section)

But if you want to fix it the easy way. Take your headlight out and get a blow drier and stick it in the whole where the headlight goes. Keep it their for a while till everything dries. Once everything dries leave the headlight out for a couple hours and let it air dry.

Then Reseal the whole entire headlight where the stock sealent is. Clear silicone will do the job.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
blowing hot air into the sealed housing may cause more moisture to build up. you would probably be better off using a compressor. or something of that nature.
hair dries can blow cold air too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.