Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
haha i doubt that would happen in any of our lifetimes, even if they try to put that into effect it would take decades to actually fully implement...... Musk is certainly a little out there haha!

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Yeah, he's a goofball - with a shit ton of money. One of the guys I work with worked at Tesla for a while and said yeah, he's kind of an asshole with a huge ego.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Nah - some of them are perfectly fine. Some are not. He's a smart guy, and spends his money relatively civilly, all things considered. But he has an ego - guess he's kind of allowed to, though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
when they start automating cars im going out and buying something without a computer in it, good old carbureted engines. its getting to the point they are making technology too smart. we are getting to the point now we are trying to make things to think for us, im either waiting for the day of IRobot or the walking dead. either way i know im going to get a vehicle thats older and easier to maintain that cant be remote controlled!

ive had people say im a little paranoid but its better to be a little paranoid than completely oblivious to whats going on, and im not so paranoid to the point that im collecting crap now but if the crap does hit the fan i know what im doing at least. :nuts:

·
Registered
266 Posts
yeah if they dont want to drive to work and back they have this revolutionary thing called a subway car, or train, or bus, or rail car, they go close to where you work and all you do is stand in one spot, get on stand in a spot again, get off, walk to your job, then repeat backwards to get home! they are amazing!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
My drive to work doesn't have anything remotely close to that. it would be easier to walk then get any of those to take me to work lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Auch, just if will be that easy with the train comute... :D

The biggest problem with the autonomous cars will be most likely the weather factor, traffic, road construction and so many other factors that are screwing our commutes .

Besides, in case of an accident who is gonna take the blame for it ?

Anyway looks like they can't find a way to open the path for small drones to be autonomous, or to be out of sight from an operator, so I can't imagine that they will work something for cars or trucks even if the technology will be up to it. To many stakes at risk. Not in our lifetime anyhow...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.