Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have my faulty Projector in the mail and the replacement will be here next thursday... so this is my question. when I had them in, the brights were EXTREMELY Bright for cheapo bulbs and I plan on getting the new Silverstar Ultimate bulbs till later I can afford HIDs...

Thing is my DRL is the lower wattage of the Highbeam... I'm afraid that even that will blind people going down the road, and I don't want my halo's and LED's on as my DRLs, so I'm wondering if there is a way, wiring wise to put it to my Turn signals, like the 05's came with or am I stuck with it because it is controlled by the BCM...

Or do you guys think the Halo's and LED's should be my DRLs?

Input please

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It would require an extensive rewire to convert it to the 05-06 style.

If you wan't to disable DRL, pull the fuse under the hood. It won't affect the autolights for night and rain.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
^^^ That's what I would think. Unless your Canadian you don't have to have them. They are not mandatory in the US.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Cobalt lights generally are aimed at the perfect height for not blinding people.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
In the stock headlight bulb wiring, there are 2 brown/dark wires. One of those is the DRL wire. Keep the DRL fuse, cut the DRL wire so the bulbs are not connected. Put this wire on a relay, and put your halos on that relay. This will make your halos your DRL's and will not turn your bulbs on during the day. Also, this is a must if you planning on putting HID's, because the ballasts do not like DRL current. It will eventually make one side of the HID's fail. And DDMtuning stuff is good. You can order from them. Good prices and my ballasts have been working for a while, besides the DRL failure issue, which they replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the stock headlight bulb wiring, there are 2 brown/dark wires. One of those is the DRL wire. Keep the DRL fuse, cut the DRL wire so the bulbs are not connected. Put this wire on a relay, and put your halos on that relay. This will make your halos your DRL's and will not turn your bulbs on during the day. Also, this is a must if you planning on putting HID's, because the ballasts do not like DRL current. It will eventually make one side of the HID's fail. And DDMtuning stuff is good. You can order from them. Good prices and my ballasts have been working for a while, besides the DRL failure issue, which they replaced under warranty.
Thank you for answering that, So I could either use this brown wire for my amber turn signals or use it with a relay for my halo's or LEDs? I've pulled the fuse on the second day of ownership over three and a half years ago...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Thank you for answering that, So I could either use this brown wire for my amber turn signals or use it with a relay for my halo's or LEDs? I've pulled the fuse on the second day of ownership over three and a half years ago...
Exactly. Just replace the fuse, figure out which brown wire is in fact the DRL, and connect it to parking lights or halo/LED's. I suggest putting a relay either way though, because the voltage that the DRL sends is kind of funky to say the least. I'll be doing this hopefully this weekend or next, so if you still have questions hopefully I can answer them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you, I'm thinking of just wiring it to the Parking light side of the turn signal, that way when that turns on, the drl shuts off... and I still have somewhat of a running light...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.