Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DRL's have worked flawlessly since the 08 G5 was new. I know when they work, yada yada.
Last week I noticed the DRL's do not work in bright sunlight, with the e-brake off and in D. When it gets dark, the headlamps come on, like they are supposed to. Basically all works normally EXCEPT the DRL headlamps.
I checked the DRL underhood 10A fuse, and is blown. I say Ahhhhh, replace and fixed! NO. Fuse is still OK, did not blow again. When I take a flashlight and "force" a bright light on dash sensor, the full headlamps go out in a few seconds but the DRLs will not light, just like in natural light. Take the light away, and it auto goes back to full lights, like it is supposed to. When is shifts from DRL mode to Headlamp mode, you can hear an electronic "click" under the hood.
I then disconnect the headlamp sockets and use my test light. When it is dark and the headlamp system is on, I have full power to the headlamp sockets. When I force light on the dash sensor to go to DRL in D,, NO power at all to headlamp socket (hence, no DRL headlamps).
Not a pro on this, but SEEMS to me, dash sensor is OK to recognize light and make it go to/from DRL mode to full headlamps and hear the click underhood when it shifts between the two modes. I know 10A underhood fuse is now OK now and also know when in the DRL mode, both headlamp sockets are getting no power to light them.
ANY thoughts on this?? 38,000 miles,,, out of warranty!! LOL..

Thanks,
GTO 1

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Hmm... my DRLs dont work anymore either-just quit out of the blue, the auto lights still come on when it gets dark, but my DRLs just dont come on anymore... which i dont really care, i turn them off anyway... haha

·
Registered
498 Posts
What are DRLs??

·
Registered
498 Posts
Never mind (Daytime Running Lights) - just figured it out, duh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.