Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, First time poster :p

I have a 2008 Chevy Cobalt LT coupe and i recently just threw some 18's on her. But she is lifted in 4x4 mode. I was wondering if you any of you had some suggestions on what to do? I wouldn't mind another person's opinion. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
hey,
are you looking for performance upgrade or just the drop? and are you on a limited budget? there are several options. I just bought B&G lowering springs, which will give it a real good drop. I am going to buy some fe5 shocks/struts (cobalt ss turbocharged shocks and struts) to go with that so that I get a good drop and great performance. Should cost me around $600 when it's all said and done with.
Now, you can just buy some lowering springs and use them with stock shocks/struts, but it will increase the wear on them. Or, if you have lots of money, the best rout would probably be to buy coilovers, which are completely adjustable suspension. Those average around $1000 a set for our car, however.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome, Bboy is right lowering springs would be the cheapest way to lower your car. I am on Eibach Sportlines and I love them. I am on stock shocks/struts and I have had no problems, but they will wear faster so I will be going with KYB shocks and struts eventually. Coilovers are the best way, but most people go with coilovers race. Like he said its depends on your money situation.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well ya, money is always an issue haha im a college student, but do make a decent amount of money. But i want to treat my car good, dont want to put cheap parts on to ruin my car. Im looking around 200-500 range before installation

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

and dont we all wish we had the money to buy coilovers? lol i would rather put on a catback first :p

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm ordering Tenzo-R Spings real soon, evenutally gunna get struts but that can wait for now.

·
Registered
922 Posts
how much did the Tenzo's drop your car and hows the ride now?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks alot for all the suggestions what size rims do you have with the tenzo? and your car looks real nice! good job w/ it

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Welcome, Bboy is right lowering springs would be the cheapest way to lower your car. I am on Eibach Sportlines and I love them. I am on stock shocks/struts and I have had no problems, but they will wear faster so I will be going with KYB shocks and struts eventually. Coilovers are the best way, but most people go with coilovers race. Like he said its depends on your money situation.
Eibachs are what i have been looking at!!! at PFYC.com And i was debating on whether to get new shocks/struts but now i feel a sense of ease of mind saying you have them on + have no problems

thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Lowering Springs

Eibach is a great company and would be the only ones i would go with. They have been around for a long time and the design and engineering that goes into the products is unbelieveable. Not only do you just get a drop with the Sportlines but you also get the performance gain as well. They adjust to your driving conditions whether it is daily driving or pushing your car and driving it hard. Plus the fact they have a 1,000,000 mile warranty. Also please read other post and use the search button. This topic has been posted hundreds of hundreds of times.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
I was going to go with Eibach Sportlines as well. At the time, there was a guy on the site here selling some used ones for $130. He upgraded so that's why he was getting rid of them, and they may possibly still be for sale.

Had I done that, there was a group buy going for like $550+shipping for some Koni shocks/struts. At the time though, I found a site selling coilovers for about $100 more ($825 shipped) and just went with that option. I'd show you pics, but I have no received them yet. And, I'm on 20s btw, so right now I really look like a 4x4.

If you want to, check Here and see if they're still for sale. $130 is unbeatable for that kind of drop (about 2" front, 2.5" rear).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was going to go with Eibach Sportlines as well. At the time, there was a guy on the site here selling some used ones for $130. He upgraded so that's why he was getting rid of them, and they may possibly still be for sale.

Had I done that, there was a group buy going for like $550+shipping for some Koni shocks/struts. At the time though, I found a site selling coilovers for about $100 more ($825 shipped) and just went with that option. I'd show you pics, but I have no received them yet. And, I'm on 20s btw, so right now I really look like a 4x4.

If you want to, check Here and see if they're still for sale. $130 is unbeatable for that kind of drop (about 2" front, 2.5" rear).

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i have sportlines myself
i have to buy shocks and struts (f35) than im going to lower and put my rims back on
i cant wait

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.