Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit confused why my car will shift to 1500 Rpms, then when I go to accelerate the Rpms won't change unless I let go of the gas and then press down again. It doesn't bug me or worry my I'm just interested! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I wish I understood what you're asking but I don't. Maybe missing some details, like auto or manual.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
If you need to let off then back on to shift it can be because of tq convertor lockup/ of lack of ( not 100% which does it)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Sounds like your shift solenoid may be gunked up. Check Engine Light pop up? Could also very well be what money_man was saying, but generally there is fluid that goes to the TCC.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
So youre saying your transmission wont downshift to a lower gear for acceloration? That sounds like its either a TPS/accelorator sensor out of calibration, or a bad kick down switch.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will accelerate to 50mph and then shifts 1500-2000rpms and will stay there while I accelerate. It really only started when it started to get cold. I dont think its causing any damage or anything, just bugs me. But on the bright side. I replaced my shocks and front end links:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.