Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new dude hear... i've been going through the lowering spring threads... and not finding the answers i was looking for... I got some DropZones 2" front 2.5" rear springs im putting them in this weekend just wanted to check before i did though on stock wheels there shouldnt be any rub right? If anyone had a pic of what the drop looks like would be perfect to so i can see what it will look like... Thx

·
Registered
678 Posts
Idk if it'll help but there's a how to in the DYI section i think. and btw, welcome 2 the site

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya the DYI section has a good article good to know those extra tools i need lol my girl is a motorhead though she might already have them

·
Registered
678 Posts
lol thats def hot

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool man thx for that... is the DYI pretty accurate with the tools needed or was it pretty cut and dry

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Replacing the back end springs. Just 2 bolts. Dont even have to take off your rims. All it will do is drop the back end and you take the 2 stock springs out. Then the front take the rims off 4 bolts in engine bay then the bolts behind wheel(Cant remember how many) Make sure you have a Impact wrench it will help on this. And use a Vise grip to hold the strut. Ask That07balt. He is the one that did it. Great at working on this.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool like i said my girl is the evil genius behind cars she can rebuild them with her eyes closed just wanna have the right stuff for her

·
Registered
678 Posts
That is honestly pretty damn hot. lol. sorry.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
your telling me lol my own free mechanic lol wait no she pays me LMAO

·
Registered
678 Posts
HAHAHA its always hot when she dont mind gettin a bit dirty lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh and for the record pics will go up after the drop car looks too plain all it has is tint and debadged lol

·
Registered
678 Posts
Mine has absolutely nothin but i got pics, cuz she's still sexy 2 me. lol

·
Registered
802 Posts
yah like cody said (twiztedbalt) shoot me any questions... and if you did the springs on a sunday i'd even giv you my number and walk you thru step by step it's very easy.. i'm sure your girl would be able to do them... honestly even someone with not alot of car knowledge could almost do them

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cool cool man thx... just wondering if i actually needed those tools they are talkin about on the DYI or if just a socket/wrench set and some vice grips and a compressor will work

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
cool cool man thx... just wondering if i actually needed those tools they are talkin about on the DYI or if just a socket/wrench set and some vice grips and a compressor will work
Nah man. Just need sockets/wrench vice grips to hold strut and impact wrench.

Oh i didnt read the thread so if they said to get a strut compressor then make sure you have that lol. That is very VERY important Rent it from autozone its like 50 or 60 dollars and once your done you take it back and get all your money back. Its crazy

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I put pictures of the spring install in my profile pics :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.