Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you all kno, I am looking for a new car. I haven't tried a Mustang GT or a new SS so i was in the area and figured I would give em a try. The SS was a beautiful silver, black interior the seats really surprised me they were awesome! Power built up evenly throughout the powerband. I put her in 2nd and see how bad turbo lag was at low rpm's and wow it kicked in very quick and somewhat abruptly but felt awesome.

Power: 8
Handling: 9
Sound: 8
Launch: 8

Then I drove the GT since the SS was way outta my priuce range even with gm sicount and 1000 buck rebate. I came in with low expectations but they were wrong! I Loved the car suprisingly! Sound was amazing, premium Cobra sound system, all leather, black with black rims, and convertable top with GT hood. It was a NICE care and I don't like mustangs usually but I loved this car! Got the guy down to 13,900 from 16k and it was a 2003 GT w/26k on it. I may buy a mustang never thought id say that haha.

·
Banned
384 Posts
get the mustang. thats a pretty good price. Does he have any mods because you should be able to get it lower.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
hahah my friend joe is trading in his mustang for a new SS. the price of gas is just too much, on a v8 its insane how quick he goes though gas. And also gas prices are most likly going to never come down, making low mpg cars drop in value rapidly. he wants to get id of his car before its worth nothing.. i see all these used car lots that are dieing to get rid of these stangs, and oher v8's but no one will buy them.

if you really want that stang im sure you can get him lower.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah but also I drive maybe 12 miles a day. I'm not too worried about gas considering i don't drive a lot and 9/10 of my miles are on I-71 (highway).

·
Registered
142 Posts
The aftermarket parts are going to cost alot more but your going have alot of aftermarket support too so thats a plus. i've been around mustangs all my life and just have a sort of connection with them and my unlces were so disappionted when i got my cobalt lol.

But this is my dream mustang if i were to ever get one right down to the last detail.

Go for the mustang!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah but also I drive maybe 12 miles a day. I'm not too worried about gas considering i don't drive a lot and 9/10 of my miles are on I-71 (highway).
why didnt you buy a mustang before then!?!?!

GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha well I went from makin like 250 a week (I'm in college) to 600-700 a week with a promotion so the first thing I was thinking was CAR!!!! haha I'm going tomorrow to look at it maybe buy it! if I do, I'll have some pics up this week!

·
Banned
384 Posts
Aftermaket for the gt is actually cheaper than the cobalt.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my GT today!!!! She isss niceeeeee! I love it man!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Pics! ASAP!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn Already!! Nice!! Pics Or Ban
haha alright alright alright yeah picked her up today with 26675 mileage on her. Name ideas? Every muscle car needs a name and usually it's a girls name! I'll get some pics up tomorrow hopefully. My first mod will be full exaust, SLP headers, X pipe, and SLP loudmouth II's. I love the way SLP stuff sounds.

·
Banned
384 Posts
dude from experience hold off on headers. they are godly expensive. Mid-pipe, catback, intake, throttle body and underdrive pullies will be a good start. With those mods youll be pulling ls1s all day. good luck man

·
Banned
384 Posts
steeda ftw!

one of the guys i hang out with has a completely bolt on, geared, n20 t/a but at the time he had full bolt ons and another friend had a intake, tb, catback, and a diablo tune, pulled him all the way to 120. youll be raping c5s with that set up man. have you thought about gears?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
yeah there is a performance package Stage 3 Motorsports 1996-2004 Mustang GT 4.6L Power Package (+30 HP)

It's BBK 75mm TB & C&L Plenum kit w/steeda underdrive pulleys. Prolly the first thing I will do. I have thought about gears I'm leaning towards 3.73s. I wanna tune her after I get exaust and that kit.I've heard a good tune can free up 15-20hp.

·
Banned
384 Posts
that sounds like a sweet set up. 373s will be best especially if you plan for a centri blower! you lucky sob hahaha

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha hey man it comes with a price: a lottt of hours at work but its worth it. The kit is what imma do first, exaust, tune, then idk we will see.

·
Banned
384 Posts
i love mustangs *sigh* =) good luck dude...should be a beast

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks man sorry to be gloatin about it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.