Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my gf has a 06 cobalt lt and has been adding things here and there. recently she has expressed interest in a dual exhuast system. she thinks it would make the rear look of the car be a little bit more balanced. i was wondering if you guys know of any aftermarket dual systems that are made for the LT 2.2 engine, not just the SS? any help would be appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
buy the kind of muffs you want... then take them to an exhaust shop have them make it.... best way to go... and you will save.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
buy the kind of muffs you want... then take them to an exhaust shop have them make it.... best way to go... and you will save.
i figured that was probalby the best way to go. i was just hoping there would be some systems out there that i could get an idea of how they sound and look. dont want them to be ricey in either looks or sound. just want a little more aggressive sound but not annoyingly buzzy and loud.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i have dual... ricey looks and sound come from personal opinion... but what makes the look and sound is the muff... that goes same for single exit also... so find a muff you like... and use that...

if its a 2.2... you can just re pipe the cat-back system... use 2" piping... if u want it to be really quiet leave the stock size piping and resonator... for a lil better sound... when re-piping with 2" pipe... leave out the res, and the muff... take the same route it takes... once you get past the axle bend the pipe towards the passanger side a lil bit and put in a Y pipe from there run the driver side back and then run the passanger side exhaust across inftont of the trunk spacething coming down and then bend it and shoot it out the back... now the muffs you decide to put on will give you your tone and look....

ofcourse you wont be doing this but have your shop do it like this

·
Registered
257 Posts
uh...you mean dual EXIT dont you....i've seen w/ some dual exits....my advice is get dual tips and a single inlet dual outlet muffler...that way you dont have the fart cans hanging out the back....the SLP Dual Exit exhaust looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The one for the SS will fit the 2.2's and your best and cheapest way going about this is get a single inlet with a dual outlet mufflers and let an exhaust shop bend the piping accordingly

·
Registered
284 Posts
thats a dual exit...we only have 4 cyl......
thats the second time you tried to make your stupid little point... and for the record what he is talking about is a dual exhaust... and the kind of exhaust you THINK 'dual exhaust' stands for is also a dual exhaust...

he is talking about a dual exit... there is also a true dual.... BOTH ARE DUAL EXHAUST!!!!! they just have different means of having 2 ends/mufflers/tips or what have you.

so drop you little "its not dual... its dual exit.." it makes you sound dumb... he has a 4 cylinder... so we be smart people can figure out for a our selves what kind of dual exhaust he is talking about

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.