Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to run a dual out muffler and run a pipe from one of the outlets to put the exhaust tip on the opposite side (to look like dual exhaust). I'm kind of only doing this because there isn't enough room to split a pipe from the downpipe and run a full dual exhaust and even so there would be a lot of backpressure right? Anyone have any thoughts or am I just being really stupid?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Its gonna hurt you horsepower wise. I assume you have a 2.2?

And remember on are bumpers there's already a grove in the bumper were the exhaust pipe comes out so it'll look weird on the other side, since there isn't one.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
You cannot safely do that as the fuel filler neck takes up most of the passenger side. For it to be safe the exhaust would have to almost drag the ground, or major mods to the filler neck.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
The only kind youcan do safely is a fake passenger side exhaust, like many dealers are doing with their Rocky Mountain Customs Ls models, basically LS Cobalts with a lip kit, fake duals, few other options for $8K more than an LS model.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i did it to mine...it didnt cut my horsepower and i think it looks good...not everyone likes the looks but if u do then go for it...check out my vehicle show off tosee what it looks like....good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.