Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I am in the Army, I was thinking of doing my Cobalt in a digital camouflage pattern. I was wondering if Duct tape would be dangerous inside the engine compartment i.e. a fire hazard. If anyone has any suggestions it would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
It wouldn't be hazardous.. just tacky and would look like crap after like a month (if it ever looked good to begin with. I'd say just get some camouflage paint and go at it. Original idea though! I'll give you that!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the problem with the digital camo is that it is pretty hard to paint...
I will look around to see if I can find anything else that may work that won't look so bad...
-----Added 20 Mar 2009 at 06:18:28-----
I found this stuff online... not sure how effective it will be though... Product Listing Camo Tape

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Wait why do you need duct tape in your engine bay? :blink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I want to use the digital camo duct tape to cover things like battery box, wires, etc. to keep the theme. You know how most people make these things like a solid color but I wanna do it Army-style.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your best bet would be to talk to a graphics shop and see if they can make you some vinyl or something. Duct tape will end up fraying and looking horrible, but I'm sure there are some materials out there that would hold up much better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i do believe jegs or jc whitney has some camo decals.. ive seen several trucks that was all done in camo for hunting purposes

·
Registered
618 Posts
yea i agree with ssnick vinyl will look sweet!!!!! im thinking about a snow camo theme!!! plus the fact itll be alot easier and cheaper...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Good luck. That digital camo stuff looks near impossible to paint haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.