Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a dual dvdcdipod head unit. unfortunately, i cant seem to get the dvd player working. it says i need to run it to my ebrake. id rather run it to a switch. where do i need to run this so that the dvd player will work. (yes i realize to have it run while driving is illegal. its not for me, im taking a trip to florida and i want my passengers to be entertained.)

·
Registered
277 Posts

this is how mine was rigged up for me(the installers actually put it in there for no extra fee, and with the fact that its ilegal)...the little red switch on the left, all you have to do from what I understand is have the wire grounded into the switch, or something like that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've hooked it to 3 different fuses and nothing happend. i know its getting power because the switch has an l.e.d. on it. so its got power and ground..so why cant i make it work? :/

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tried it. still nothing haha oh well, i'm putting in new speakers soon anyways, i'll have the shop tinker with it. thanks for the help though. sincerly.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just installed a pioneer AVH-P4100DVD about a week ago and my dad and I just bought a simple toggle switch for like $2. I dont know if its the same with every system but we just ran the parking brake wire to one terminal on the switch and then tapped into the ground wire and attached it to the other terminal. Later we cut a hole into a trim piece and mouted the switch. At first it says you cannot watch DVDs as your driving but once you flick the switch it will alow you to watch them =]

I hope this works with your system also!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Some systems not only does the car need to hav the ebrake on, but also the car has to be going slower then 15 mph. That could be ur problem.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
You need to check the laws in your state. Here in Tennessee it is illegal to even INSTALL a DVD player with the screen is sight of the driver. Even though many manufacturers do this it is still illegal. In one of the national truck magazines someone wrote and said that they got a ticket while visiting another state for said instance. Magazine said it is a federal law about the DVD players.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What system did you put in, on my vm9022 there is a software bypass where all you need is an override code to disable the parking brake sensor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.