Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to know how to install a new stereo in my cobalt 07, i called an audio shop for a wiring harness and he said its 300.00 dollars cuz of the bose and onstar, can u install the stereo without a harness and have the old stereo in the trunk?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Cobalts come with Bose?
They SHOULD come with pioneer system with the factory subwoofer in the trunk on most of the LTZ and stanard on SS models

and $300? screw that!
Metra GM OnStar® Interface General Motors OnStar® data bus interface (Model GMOS-LAN-04) Retains OnStar, factory door chime, and factory amplifier at Crutchfield.com
^^^Thats what you need if you want to keep your onstar and door chimes.^^^

Or you can just wire them yourself but you'll lose the onstar and door chimes...
i think i still have the wiring layout for our '07 radios.

·
Registered
89 Posts
well i dont have onstar or the upgrded radio model but i used the 06 saturn ion harness on my 07 ls and it works great but you loose your turn signal sound and door chimes..i figured i didnt need it anyways so went ahead with the install.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
how do you lose those aren't the turn signals from a relay?

Snake890217 added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

p.s. I have an after market stereo it just came with an adapter we had to splice on. maybe thats why i didn't lose mine, but i still don't get why you would.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cause the "clicks" and "dings" are sent through the Stereo speakers, they're at a set volume, and can be drowned out. however, when you remove the stereo, the sounds are lost because they are sent through the GMLAN to the radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.